We are looking for a mission-driven, experienced, inclusive leader to join our team as Software Administrator. As the Software Administrator you will have diverse responsibilities focusing on centralizing and administering software systems, process innovation and automation, transition technology and system implementations, as well as supporting key business and operational initiatives.
This is a full time, salaried role. This role will report to our Operations Manager.
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on women, transgender and beyond binary adults and youth, people with accessibility requirements, racialized people and new comers to Canada. Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast to coast to make sure that all Canadians have access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code.
Though 2020 has certainly gone differently than we expected it to, at Canada Learning Code we remain focused on our mission. Today, we are delivering live-online learning experiences across the country for adults, youth and educators. To date, Canada Learning Code has reached over 600,000 learners through an in-person experience.
What Success Looks Like
- Our organization has streamlined software systems and processes
- Our teams have access to the systems, processes and functionality required to perform their roles
- Our systems offer excellent user and learner experience
- Manage Learning Management System (LMS) administration to ensure correct governance, access, and functionality for use by all learners and internal teams
- Manage Salesforce systems administration and our custom-built integration with existing and new software
- Maintain all centralized software settings and subscriptions including but not limited to google workspace, zoom, calendly, etc
- Lead developer contractors to maintain and build our website and software systems according to organizational goals and team needs
- Train and assist team members for software adoption, and role-specific needs
- Use data to make software decisions and improve user experience
- Conduct requirements gathering and software analysis
- Support Operations Manager with building and monitoring forms, reports and dashboards
- Support Operations Manager with ad-hoc reporting and basic analysis
- Manage internal hardware inventory
- Expertise in systems administration, specifically Salesforce
- Some experience working with developers or product management
- Some technical understanding of software integrations
- High degree of technical understanding
- Ability to communicate technical information to diverse stakeholders
- Familiarity with Wordpress and Brightspace LMS an asset
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Collaborative and team-focused
- You are fluent in English, French is an asset.
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable sector screening.
We are currently fully remote due to Covid-19. Though our HQ is Toronto, our return to office plan is a hybrid model which means you can work a combination of a remote office and our Toronto office. For team members located in GTA you will have the option to return our Toronto office space when it is safe to do so - an entire floor at Queen and University (right around the corner from a subway station)!
Please note this role requires the candidate to travel to our office regularly based on the nature of the role and must be located in GTA.
This role may require some evening and weekend work. Some travel may be required.
This role reports to our Operations Manager, Jacqueline Banton.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- Being a part of a growing team that is changing the computer science education industry in a big way
- 15 days of vacation annually plus shut down during December (usually one week) for some rest and recharge time
- Up to 10 Personal Leave days per calendar year that can be used as floater holidays for religious and traditional practices that don't match the standard holiday schedule or whatever else you might need
- Group benefits including medical, dental and EAP
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Professional development and the opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
Step 1: Video Call with a member of our P&C Team
Step 2: Meeting with Hiring Manager
Step 3: Candidate Challenge with cross functional team members
Step 4: Reference Check & Criminal Background Check
Step 5: Offer
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Canada Learning Code is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to harness the power of technology to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Canada Learning Code is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please contact us at people(@)canadalearningcode(dot)ca
$47,500.00 - $60,000.00