We are looking for a mission-driven, experienced, inclusive leader to join our team as a Marketing Manager. As the Marketing Manager you will manage all-things-marketing end-to-end. This is a one person marketing role, so you will be responsible for strategy through to execution with support of the Brand Strategy team.
This is a full time, salaried role. This role will report to the Director Brand Strategy.
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on women, transgender and beyond binary adults and youth, people with accessibility requirements, racialized people and new comers to Canada. Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast to coast to make sure that all Canadians have access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code.
Though 2020 has certainly gone differently than we expected it to, at Canada Learning Code we remain focused on our mission. Today, we are delivering live-online learning experiences across the country for adults, youth and educators. To date, Canada Learning Code has reached over 600,000 learners through an in-person experience.
What Success Looks Like
- We’re recognized as the best place to learn, volunteer and work by sharing our stories and promoting our work across various channels
- Our programs attract and keep diverse funders and donors who support our mission
- We help our teams reach their learner goals by delivering high quality marketing support including launching programs on time and building awareness of our organization and our programs nationally
- We maintain strong customer service across internal and external stakeholders
- Manage all-things-marketing end-to-end. This is a one person team. You will be responsible for strategy through to execution.
- Build out the Marketing plan and strategic areas of focus and annual goals
- Develop and manage the marketing budget, based on cross-functional inputs from all teams.
- Work cross-functionally across all areas of the organization and with our specialized subcontractors (including but not limited to: creative, public relations, photographers, digital marketing and government relations) to deliver high-quality, high-impact marketing support. Manage these relationships to ensure on-time and on-budget execution.
- Help design and implement marketing and advertising campaigns by assembling and analyzing data, preparing marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives. (digital marketing, drip campaigns, print marketing, etc.)
- Manage our web presence including managing our website through WordPress CMS (Content Management System) which includes strategizing and creating microsites through our modular CMS platform. Some basic HTML & CSS we’ll be required and training will be provided.
- Manage our social media and external communications by creating and scheduling social media content, drafting and distributing press releases, creating blog posts, etc.
- Lead internal and external communications including internal updates, email marketing campaigns, monthly newsletters, etc. using tools such as Mailchimp and Salesforce.
- Work with our teams to execute and maintain our brand standards across all areas of the organization.
- Manage the planning and execution of in-person event activations such as press events and ‘magic-moment’ recognition for our partners and sponsors.
- Other tasks as required
- Strong digital marketing skills with the ability to strategically leverage paid and owned media channels for the optimal results
- Strong content marketing skills from conceptualization to editing, publishing, optimizing for SEO and promoting
- Experience using marketing platforms for CRM (eg. Salesforce, Hubspot), analytics (Google Analytics/FB Insights), content management systems, and social media tools (eg. Hootsuite)
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Solid all-round communications experience including media relations, website content management, digital marketing and social media
- An understanding of fundraising and corporate social responsibility
- Graphic design skills, including proficiency with Adobe Suite, Canva and other tools used to design and create compelling social and communications content and assets
- Copywriting and proofreading experience in a charity and fundraising context, establishing the case for support and framing strong, compelling copy in press materials, newsletters, websites, blogs and social media
- You are fluent in English, French is an asset.
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable sector screening.
We are currently fully remote due to Covid-19. Though our HQ is Toronto we are open to applicants across Canada. Our return to office plan is a hybrid model. That means you can continue to work remotely anywhere in Canada. For team members located in GTA you will have the option to return our Toronto office space when it is safe to do so - an entire floor at Queen and University (right around the corner from a subway station)!
This role may require some evening and weekend work. Some travel may be required if/when it is safe to do so.
This role reports to our Director Brand Strategy, Fanny Rabinovitch-Kuzmicki.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- Being a part of a growing team that is changing the computer science education industry in a big way
- 15 days of vacation annually plus shut down during December (usually one week) for some rest and recharge time
- Up to 10 Personal Leave days per calendar year that can be used as floater holidays for religious and traditional practices that don't match the standard holiday schedule or whatever else you might need
- Group benefits including medical, dental and EAP
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Professional development and the opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
Step 1: Video Call with a member of our P&C Team
Step 2: Meeting with Hiring Manager
Step 3: Candidate Challenge with cross functional team members
Step 4: Reference Check & Criminal Background Check
Step 5: Offer
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Canada Learning Code is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to harness the power of technology to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Canada Learning Code is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please contact us at people(@)canadalearningcode(dot)ca
$65,000.00 - $75,000.00