We are looking for a mission-driven, experienced inclusive leader to join our team as Manager, Fund Development . In this newly created role, the Manager, Fund Development you will work in collaboration with the Director Fund Development and Fundraising Coordinators to focus on all aspects of fund development including but not limited to: identification of prospective grants and and donors, development and implementation of cultivation and solicitation strategies for these donor prospects.
This is a full time, salaried role. This role will report to the Director Fund Development.
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on women, transgender and beyond binary adults and youth, people with accessibility requirements, racialized people and new comers to Canada. Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast to coast to make sure that all Canadians have access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code.
Though 2020 has certainly gone differently than we expected it to, at Canada Learning Code we remain focused on our mission. Today, we are delivering live-online learning experiences across the country for adults, youth and educators. To date, Canada Learning Code has reached over 600,000 learners through an in-person experience.
What Success Looks Like
- Our donors and partners feel confident supporting us. They look forward to working with us and trust us with their investment in Canada’s digital future.
- We maximize existing programs and create new and innovative ways for organizations and individuals to give generously and support our work.
- Funding deliverables are met and exceeded through close cross-functional internal collaboration and communication.
- We build and maintain systems that allow us to work efficiently and effectively together. We get things done while considering the sustainability of relationships and our work is considered along the way.
- We are passionate fundraisers for this organization, we know why this work matters to us, Canadians at large and the communities we care about.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and executing fundraising strategies to acquire donors at the $50,000+ level and work closely with the Director of Fund Development to secure partners at the $500,000+ level
- Develop donor acquisition, retention and migration strategies for corporate donors
- Develop and grow a network of corporate contacts interested in advancing the mission and success of Canada Learning Code
- Document and track all partner communication, leveraging Salesforce to track and manage all partner deliverables
- Identify innovative and compelling ways for CLC to engage corporate donors (ie. industry trends, volunteerism)
- Create compelling and integrated proposals, engaging corporate partners in CLC signature initiatives and ongoing programs
- Develop integrated grant applications, consulting internal stakeholders to define key deliverables
- Solicit gifts and/or coaching others who may identify as the most appropriate person to ask
- Lead donor and prospect meetings and/or events by developing strategies for each meeting, involving and preparing other stakeholders
- Manage a portfolio of 30 plus partners and prospects
- Lead the development of regular impact reports for partners, working cross-functionally to gather key metrics, stories, etc.
- Coordinate and execute partner stewardship engagement including: gifting, events, volunteer opportunities, value add opportunities
- Brainstorm and develop new ways of recognizing donors on an ongoing basis.
- Attend Canada Learning Code events, sponsor events and networking events as a representative of the Canada Learning Code Fundraising Team as required (requires flexibility to travel and work evenings/ weekends when necessary).
- Manage external communication with partners, engaging key internal stakeholders as needed
- You have proven experience leading a pipeline of $1M+; moving donors efficiently through the solicitation process
- You have experience working with corporate donors and partners at various stages of the development cycle, and ability to advance each of those relationships.
- You have experience with grant writing and reporting
- You are comfortable with technology and have strong computer skills including Google, Slack, Salesforce, and Mail Chimp and are proficient in creative platforms (Canva, Adobe)
- You have a natural ability to make ‘the ask that inspires and engages potential donors, and creates successful long term relationships.
- You have experience in proposal development and impact reporting, demonstrating strong writing and design skills
- You have project management and communications skills that can balance vision and attention to detail
- You are self-motivated, able to multitask and work well independently as well as collaboratively.
- You have the ability to be an innovative, creative thinker and solve problems under tight deadlines and with limited resources.
- You have a university degree and/or experience working in the non-profit sector
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where innovative thinking, solutions-oriented personality and perspective is highly valued
- You are fluent in English, French is an asset.
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable sector screening
We are currently fully remote due to Covid-19. Though our HQ is Toronto we are open to applicants across Canada. Our return to office plan is a hybrid model. That means you can continue to work remotely anywhere in Canada. For team members located in GTA you will have the option to return our Toronto office space when it is safe to do so - an entire floor at Queen and University (right around the corner from a subway station)!
This role may require some evening and weekend work. Some travel may be required if/when safe to do so.
This role will report to the Director Fund Development, Cait Brenchley.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- Being a part of a growing team that is changing the computer science education industry in a big way
- 15 days of vacation annually plus shut down during December (usually one week) for some rest and recharge time
- Up to 10 Personal Leave days per calendar year that can be used as floater holidays for religious and traditional practices that don't match the standard holiday schedule or whatever else you might need
- Group benefits including medical, dental and EAP
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Professional development and the opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
Step 1: Video Call with a member of the Bloom Team (Liz)
Step 2: Meeting with Hiring Manager Cait Brenchley
Step 3: Candidate Challenge with cross functional team members
Step 4: Reference Check
Step 5: Offer and Background Check
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Canada Learning Code is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to harness the power of technology to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Canada Learning Code is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please contact us at people(@)canadalearningcode(dot)ca
$65,000.00 - $75,000.00