We are looking for a mission-driven, experienced inclusive leader to join our team as Director of Community Success & Partnerships. As a senior member of our team reporting to the COO, the Director of Community Success & Partnerships will be responsible for developing and driving an overall relationship engagement strategy. This role is a key component to building and executing on the growth of Canada Learning Code’s delivery channels including Chapters, Code Squad and Affiliate Partners. This role will work in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team to develop and implement strategies and tactics to deliver meaningful learning experiences
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on women, transgender and beyond binary adults and youth, people with accessibility requirements, racialized people and new comers to Canada. Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast to coast to make sure that all Canadians have access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code.
Though 2020 has certainly gone differently than we expected it to, at Canada Learning Code we remain focused on our mission. Today, we are delivering live-online learning experiences across the country for adults, youth and educators. To date, Canada Learning Code has reached over 600,000 learners through an in-person experience.
What Success Looks Like
- We deliver inspiring educational experiences to our learners
- We have an engaged, empowered Community Success team who is aligned to our mission, vision and values
- We reach our annuals goals by building & engaging our team, volunteers, instructors and affiliate partners in communities across Canada to deliver meaningful learning experiences to learners
- Our network of affiliate partners (individuals and organizations) that intend to deliver CLC’s content to their constituents feel supported and are engaged to deliver our programming on an on-going basis and report back on impact.
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the senior leadership teamAssist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Develop strategies that assist in delivering meaningful learning experiences and optimizing funder requirements that have a direct impact on strategic business plans
- Develop and manage reporting tools for management and Board meetings
- Research and evaluate strategic opportunities for the organization Articulate and synthesize information to key points for management presentations, and for strategic/operational decision making
- Manage all Delivery Team Member needs (hire through retire) and ensure that each of your Team Members has reasonable support, resources, tools and guidance to be happy and successful within their roles
- Coach Delivery team via providing guidance on day-to-day issues, insights into complex business transactions, and training to direct reports
- Provide ongoing and clear direction, performance management and career development support to the program delivery team
Community Building & Engagement
- Develop & lead relationship management strategy from acquisition, engagement and retention of community partners across all channels (Chapters, CodeSquad, Affiliates); coach direct reports to do the same
- Lead the growth of our program delivery, specifically how we create meaningful learning experiences for learners nationally and regionally including strategic collaboration with other senior leaders
- Partner with the Brand Strategy and Design & Training teams to determine optimal delivery offerings (i.e. online, video, small group, facilitated group, in-person etc.) to support positive learner outcomes and reach our organizational goals
- Ensure effective, consistent delivery of meaningful learning experiences to learners and continually monitor feedback and outcomes to ensure a productive learner experience and alignment with program, learning and business objectives
- Ensure that the appropriate experiences are delivered at the right time, the right way and to the right audience based on the needs of the learners
- Responsible for the implementation and measurement of programs success in partnership with the evaluation team
- Build partnership pipeline strategy from identification/prospecting through to closing & stewardship, ensuring successful and mutually beneficial relationships
- Support partnership relationship management, as it relates to CLC program delivery
- You’ve held and achieved goals / targets (ie. sales, reach) and understand how to manage and grow a pipeline so you can coach others to success.
- You have demonstrated experience building a collaborative environment between cross functional departments
- You have proven people management skills, including managing up
- You have excellent relationship management skills, analytic, communication and presentation skills
- You consider yourself tech-savvy, comfortable with learning new technology and digital tools.
- You have experience with video conferencing tools, like Zoom
- You are a change agent who is open and flexible to new ideas and strategies and comfortable with leading change
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where innovative thinking, solutions-oriented personality and perspective is highly valued
- You are fluent in English, French is an asset.
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable sector screening
We are currently fully remote due to Covid-19. Though our HQ is Toronto we are open to applicants across Canada. Our return to office plan is a hybrid model. That means you can continue to work remotely anywhere in Canada. For team members located in GTA you will have the option to return our Toronto office space when it is safe to do so - an entire floor at Queen and University (right around the corner from a subway station)!
This role may require some evening and weekend work. Some travel may be required if/when safe to do so.
This role reports to our COO, Nancy Madonik.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- Being a part of a growing team that is changing the computer science education industry in a big way
- 15 days of vacation annually plus shut down during December (usually one week) for some rest and recharge time
- Up to 10 Personal Leave days per calendar year that can be used as floater holidays for religious and traditional practices that don't match the standard holiday schedule or whatever else you might need
- Group benefits including medical, dental and EAP
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Professional development and the opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
Step 1: Video Call with a member of the BloomTeam
Step 2: Meeting with Hiring Manager
Step 3: Candidate Challenge with cross functional team members
Step 4: Life Story Meeting with members of the Senior Leadership Team
Apply ***Important note: If you are viewing this job posting on Indeed or another aggregated site, please apply directly here instead
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and BelongingCanada Learning Code is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to harness the power of technology to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our Commitment to Accessibility Canada Learning Code is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please contact us at people(@)canadalearningcode(dot)ca