We are looking for a mission-driven, experienced, inclusive leader to join our team as Community Success Manager, Code Squad. As a Community Success Manager, Code Squad you will be responsible for leading and training your team, helping develop and implement business strategies, and performing a variety of other tasks to ensure the code squad team and ultimately our learners are thriving.
This is a full time, salaried role. This role will report to the Director Community Success & Partnerships.
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on women, transgender and beyond binary adults and youth, people with accessibility requirements, racialized people and new comers to Canada. Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast to coast to make sure that all Canadians have access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code.
Though 2020 has certainly gone differently than we expected it to, at Canada Learning Code we remain focused on our mission. Today, we are delivering live-online learning experiences across the country for adults, youth and educators. To date, Canada Learning Code has reached over 600,000 learners through an in-person experience.
What Success Looks Like
- We deliver inspiring educational Code Squad experiences in every Province and Territory across Canada
- We reach or exceed our learner goals across our Code Squad programs
- We develop unique local and national partnerships and build our community of educators and learners through our Code Squads
- We equip and empower educators to continue to teach computer science to their students following our engagement with them
- Manage Code Squad Team Members from ‘hire to retire’
- Work with People and Culture and other cross functional teams to develop training resources to support effective onboarding and ongoing execution of Code Squad-delivered meaningful learning experiences
- Ensure the Code Squad Team feels adequately prepared to fulfill their duties and deliver meaningful learning experiences in their communities and/or online
- Facilitate consistent check-ins and strategic calls with Code Squad Teams in order to provide appropriate direction and support to them, as well as gather and deliver two-way feedback
- Lead and facilitate full team meetings to provide high level updates, set priorities and provide next steps
- Develop and implement consistent opportunities for individual growth, manage team evaluation and coaching, as well as deliver annual reviews to all direct reports
- Implement a communication plan to ensure all team members have access to pertinent information and updates that relate to their role
Annual Planning and Reporting
- Tracking and reporting of metrics to support data-driven decision making within Code Squad
- Spearhead and manage Salesforce processes and ensure up-to-date and accurate data across Code Squad teams
- Analyze Code Squad data and provide insights and feedback to optimize resources and results
- Report on progress on a consistent basis to leadership
- Identify and implement strategies to reach annual and quarterly goals as well as address barriers in doing so
- You are an excellent relationship builder and cultivator
- You are focused on serving the needs of our learners and key stakeholders to ensure their success
- You are empathetic with, and interested in the communities we strive to serve
- You understand the value of proactive communication and create opportunities for consistent and highly-effective communication
- You are a comfortable with ambiguity and can navigate change with positivity
- You are confident in asking the right questions, problem solving and finding the answers to your questions resourcefully
- You are superbly organized (You are obsessed with list-making)
- You love to use online tools and technology to help you be effective and efficient
- You consider yourself tech-savvy and know your way around Google Tools such as Drive, Calendar and Hangouts
- You have a driven personality to see projects and tasks through to completion
- You have a 'no job is too big or too small' mentality
- You take initiative and are excited to come up with creative ideas as part of your job every day
- You can expect that this role will be both fun and challenging. You will help shape the roles and what it takes for you to be successful
- You are fluent in English, French is an asset.
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable sector screening.
We are currently fully remote due to Covid-19. Though our HQ is Toronto we are open to applicants across Canada. Our return to office plan is a hybrid model. That means you can continue to work remotely anywhere in Canada. For team members located in GTA you will have the option to return our Toronto office space when it is safe to do so - an entire floor at Queen and University (right around the corner from a subway station)!
This role may require some evening and weekend work. Some travel may be required when it is safe to do so.
This role reports to our Director Community Success & Partnerships, Nicole Asquith.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- Being a part of a growing team that is changing the computer science education industry in a big way
- 15 days of vacation annually plus shut down during December (usually one week) for some rest and recharge time
- Up to 10 Personal Leave days per calendar year that can be used as floater holidays for religious and traditional practices that don't match the standard holiday schedule or whatever else you might need
- Group benefits including medical, dental and EAP
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Professional development and the opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
Step 1: Video Call with a member of our P&C Team
Step 2: Meeting with Hiring Manager
Step 3: Candidate Challenge with cross functional team members
Step 4: Reference Check & Criminal Background Check
Step 5: Offer
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Canada Learning Code is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to harness the power of technology to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Canada Learning Code is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please contact us at people(@)canadalearningcode(dot)ca