We are looking for a mission-driven, detail-oriented, inclusive individual to join our team as a Marketing Coordinator. This is a full time role.
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on women, transgender and beyond binary adults and youth, people with accessibility requirements, racialized people and newcomers to Canada. Canada Learning Code brings accessible computer science to communities across Canada so everyone can create with technology. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code.
Though 2020 and 2021 have certainly gone differently than we expected it to, at Canada Learning Code we remain focused on our mission. Today, we are delivering live-online learning experiences across the country for adults, youth and educators. To date, Canada Learning Code has reached over 600,000 learners through an in-person experience.
What Success Looks Like
- Our marketing is strategic and impactful
- We maintain strong customer service across internal and external stakeholders
- Our marketing and communications reflect industry best practices and connects with our audiences across channels
- Community management
- Social content creation
- Email marketing support
- Website management and auditing, including writing and updating content
- Work with the Marketing Manager to identify opportunities to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of our marketing strategies and communications
- Manage relationships with 3rd party vendors, including coordinating translations and manage print and swag production
- Other tasks as required
- Passionate about marketing, creativity, and culture
- 2+ years of marketing experience
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Tech-savvy: familiarity with Wordpress, Mailchimp, Salesforce and Google Analytics is an asset
- Collaborative and team-focused
- You are fluent in English, French is an asset.
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Reference Check
We are currently fully remote due to Covid-19. Though our HQ is Toronto we are open to applicants across Canada. Our return to office plan is a hybrid model. That means you can continue to work remotely anywhere in Canada. For team members located in GTA you will have the option to return our Toronto office space when it is safe to do so - an entire floor at Queen and University (right around the corner from a subway station)!
This role reports to our Director of Brand Strategy, Fanny Rabinovitch-Kuzmicki.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- Being a part of a growing team that is changing the computer science education industry in a big way
- 15 days of vacation annually plus shut down during December (usually one week) for some rest and recharge time
- Up to 10 Personal Leave days per calendar year that can be used as floater holidays for religious and traditional practices that don't match the standard holiday schedule or whatever else you might need
- Group benefits including medical, dental and EAP
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Professional development and the opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
Step 1: Video Call with a member of our P&C Team
Step 2: Meeting with Hiring Manager
Step 3: Candidate Challenge with cross functional team members
Step 4: Reference Check & Criminal Background Check
Step 5: Offer
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Canada Learning Code is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to harness the power of technology to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Canada Learning Code is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please contact us at people(@)canadalearningcode(dot)ca