We are looking for a mission-driven, experienced, inclusive leader to join our team as Adult Program Manager. As the Adult Program Manager you are the subject matter expert on the Ladies Learning Code community and will work in collaboration with our Design & Training and Community Success & Partnerships teams to deliver on our Adult Program goals. This role is integral to support the effective design, delivery and quality of our Ladies Learning Code programs as well as our goal to grow our Ladies Learning Code community and provide relevant, repeatable and sustainable programming.
This is a full time, salaried role. This role will report to the Director of Brand Strategy.
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on women, transgender and beyond binary adults and youth, people with accessibility requirements, racialized people and newcomers to Canada. Canada Learning Code brings accessible computer science to communities across Canada so everyone can create with technology. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code.
Though 2020 has certainly gone differently than we expected it to, at Canada Learning Code we remain focused on our mission. Today, we are delivering live-online learning experiences across the country for adults, youth and educators. To date, Canada Learning Code has reached over 600,000 learners through an in-person experience.
What Success Looks Like
- We develop a strong national brand identity for Ladies Learning Code
- Our delivery teams and affiliate partners across Canada feel supported to deliver our Adult/LLC programs
- We have a holistic understanding of the Adult target market and their needs/wants in order to build relevant, repeatable and sustainable programming
- We grow our programs across the country and reach associated learner targets
- Our programs attract and keep diverse funders and donors who support our mission.
- We develop learning pathways that enable CLC learners to move through our Theory of Change
- Work with Operations team in areas relating to program evaluation, web platform, legal and liability
- Work with the Fund Development team to cultivate relationships and steward opportunities to drive revenue for adult programs
- Work with Community Success & Partnerships team to ensure programs and experiences are being delivered as intended
- Work with Design & Training team on leveraging LMS for adult learners and areas relating to program training materials
- Lead growth strategy of all adult programs and signature events
- Collaborate with Community Success and Partnerships to identify potential partnerships to assist with program growth
- Own the Adult learner journey from awareness to advocate; engage in appropriate research to build / update as necessary
- Analyze and use data to identify opportunities to enhance the quality of our adult learning experiences.
- Collaborate with colleagues and volunteers to build and curate resources that ensure the learner’s experience reflects established best practices in adult learning
- Create resources to support our delivery channels’ execution of our adult programs
- Speak or attend conferences and other community events and act as an ambassador for Canada Learning Code’s Adult program
- Manage the strategy and support the execution of new program pilots strategy
- Manage program budget and develop program budget execution strategy
- Develop compelling case for support to support funding proposals that enable adult programs
- Develop LLC learner next steps and launch of “learning pathways” that provide LLC learners with next step resources and tools to pursue further learning in tech
- Analyzing the program’s NPS, qualitative feedback surveys, and other relevant feedback to support ongoing development of the program
- You have demonstrated marketing success driving positioning, consumer insights and innovative marketing programming including digital and social media
- You’re proven track record in growing an established business would help you be successful in this role
- You have strong growth orientation
- You are a flexible team player and leader; confident in asking the right questions and being engaged to find positive solutions
- You are comfortable problem solving and finding the answers to your questions resourcefully
- You love to use online tools and technology to help you be effective and efficient
- You can step in to make decisions and take ownership over a project with only some background information
- You can manage multiple projects, collaborators, and deadlines.
- You have a driven personality to see projects and tasks through to completion
- You take initiative and are excited to come up with creative ideas as part of your job every day
- It would be an asset if you have new product development and innovation experience
- You have experience with budget management & know your way around a P&L
- Fluency in English is a must. Fluency in another language is an asset
We are a remote-first team and our team members work remotely across Canada. With our hybrid model, our teams will have the option to continue to work remotely, work in our office from time to time, or work in the office every day (when it is safe to do so). Our office is located in Toronto near Queen and University (right around the corner from a subway station)!
This role may require some evening and weekend work. Some travel may be required if/when safe to do so.
This role will report to the Director Brand Strategy.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- Being a part of a growing team that is changing the computer science education industry in a big way
- 15 days of vacation annually plus shut down during December (usually one week) for some rest and recharge time
- Up to 10 Personal Leave days per calendar year that can be used as floater holidays for religious and traditional practices that don't match the standard holiday schedule or whatever else you might need
- Group benefits including medical, dental and EAP
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Professional development and the opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
Step 1: Video Call with a member of our P&C Team
Step 2: Meeting with Hiring Manager
Step 3: Candidate Challenge with cross functional team members
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Canada Learning Code is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to harness the power of technology to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Canada Learning Code is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please contact us at people(@)candalearningcode(dot)ca