We are looking for a mission-driven, experienced inclusive leader to join our team as K-12 Program Manager. As the K-12 Program Manager you are the subject matter expert on the educator community and will work in collaboration with our Design & Training and Community Success & Partnerships teams to deliver on our K-12 Program goals. This role is integral to support the effective design, delivery and quality of our K-12 programs (helping to shape youth and educator insights) as well as our goal to grow our educator community and provide relevant, repeatable and sustainable programming.
This is a full time, salaried role. This role will report to the newly created Director Brand Strategy, in the interim it will report to the CEO.
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on women, transgender and beyond binary adults and youth, people with accessibility requirements, racialized people and new comers to Canada. Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast to coast to make sure that all Canadians have access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code.
Though 2020 has certainly gone differently than we expected it to, at Canada Learning Code we remain focused on our mission. Today, we are delivering live-online learning experiences across the country for adults, youth and educators. To date, Canada Learning Code has reached over 600,000 learners through an in-person experience.
What Success Looks Like
- We develop a strong national brand identity for each of our programs
- Our delivery teams across Canada feel supported to deliver our programs
- We have a holistic understanding of the Educator target market and their needs/wants in order to build relevant, repeatable and sustainable programming
- Work with provincial school boards and educators and other like-minded partners to ensure that Teachers Learning Code materials and learning experiences are promoted and accessible across the country
- Design, build, and execute provincial and national educator events across the country (TeacherCon)
- Work with our Design & Training and Community Success & Partnerships Teams to grow resources for educators and youth and ensure that lessons reflect all provincial standards and goals within the K-12 computer science framework
- Grow adoption of K-12 computer science framework and determine evaluation strategy to improve it
- Collaborate with Delivery teams to build tools & resources to maximize adoption of educator and youth programs across all channels
- Speak or attend conferences and other community events and act as an ambassador for Canada Learning Code’s educators programs
- Research education best practices and incorporate relevant examples into our approach and models
- Manage the Teachers Learning Code content and forums on teacherslearningcode.com, community groups and discussion groups within our LMS as well as manage our Educator newsletter in collaboration with Marketing
- Develop program budget execution strategy
- Manage new program pilot strategy, specifically growing a Teachers Ambassador Program
- Analysis of Program NPS, qualitative feedback surveys and other relevant data to support design, quality and growth
- You have a thorough knowledge of education principles and an understanding of the variety of supports offered to K-12 students.
- You have education sector experience - as a teacher or teacher administrator or a combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the role successfully.
- You are a collaborative team player who can manage competing demands and needs of multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- You have strong project and time management skills and a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, providing direction and support to project team members, and prioritizing work effectively; including management of project budgets, timelines and teams, which may be comprised of full-time staff, subject matter experts and contracted resources.
- You consider yourself tech-savvy, comfortable with learning new technology and digital tools.
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where innovative thinking, solutions-oriented personality and perspective is highly valued
- You are fluent in English, French is an asset.
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable sector screening
We are currently fully remote due to Covid-19. Though our HQ is Toronto we are open to applicants across Canada. Our return to office plan is a hybrid model. That means you can continue to work remotely anywhere in Canada. For team members located in GTA you will have the option to return our Toronto office space when it is safe to do so - an entire floor at Queen and University (right around the corner from a subway station)!
This role may require some evening and weekend work. Some travel may be required if/when safe to do so.
This role will report to the newly created Director Brand Strategy, in the interim it will report to our CEO, Melissa Sariffodeen.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- Being a part of a growing team that is changing the computer science education industry in a big way
- 15 days of vacation annually plus shut down during December (usually one week) for some rest and recharge time
- Up to 10 Personal Leave days per calendar year that can be used as floater holidays for religious and traditional practices that don't match the standard holiday schedule or whatever else you might need
- Group benefits including medical, dental and EAP
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Professional development and the opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
Step 1: Video Call with a member of our P&C Team
Step 2: Meeting with Hiring Manager
Step 3: Candidate Challenge with cross functional team members
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Canada Learning Code is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to harness the power of technology to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Canada Learning Code is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please contact us at people(@)canadalearningcode(dot)ca