We are looking for 2 mission-driven, experienced, inclusive leaders to join our Board of Directors. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience or expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Financial Accounting
- Charity or Not-For-Profit Organizations
- Scaling fast moving businesses
- Indigenous Curriculum Development and Traditional Knowledge
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on women, transgender and beyond binary adults and youth, people with accessibility requirements, racialized people and new comers to Canada. Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast to coast to make sure that all Canadians have access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code.
Though 2021 has certainly gone differently than we expected it to, at Canada Learning Code we remain focused on our mission. Today, we are delivering live-online learning experiences across the country for adults, youth and educators. To date, Canada Learning Code has reached over 600,000 learners through an in-person experience.
- Play a key role in shaping Canada Learning Code’s mission, vision, strategy, values and culture.
- Regularly attend mandatory board meetings quarterly and AGM once per year in addition to relevant ad hoc meetings as needed.
- Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work. Attend and actively participate in quarterly Board Meetings, respond promptly to emails and messages to the Board of Directors, particularly if they require action or timely input, represent Canada Learning Code on a consistent basis.
- Participate actively in making decisions on behalf of the organization and to exercise their best judgment while doing so.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Is an active participant in the committee's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- The ability to serve for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Represent and advocate for Canada Learning Code in your area and across Canada and leverage your network in support of CLC.
- You have a strong commitment to the Canada Learning Code’s Mission, Vision, and Values and a demonstrated passion for Diversity & Inclusion in the Technology Sector in Canada
- You have professional experience in a relevant field; Financial Accounting, Scaling fast moving businesses, Legal, Indigenous Curriculum Development and Traditional Knowledge
- Previous Charity or Not-For-Profit Board experience is an asset
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- You are comfortable leveraging your network in support of CLC
- You have the ability to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of a Board Member
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
Step 1: Video Call with a members of our Board of Directors
Step 2: Video Call with our Board Chair
Step 3: References and Criminal Background Check
Step 4: Offer
***Important note: If you are viewing this job posting on Indeed or another aggregated site, please apply directly here instead. Posting Closes August 15th, 2021. Serving on Canada Learning Code's Board is without remuneration.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Canada Learning Code is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to harness the power of technology to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Canada Learning Code is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please contact us at people(@)canadalearningcode(dot)ca